Tuesday 16 February 2016

Edamame Pasta with 'not' Sun-dried Tomato Sauce and Artichoke

NOM NOM NOM!



Love Sun-dried Tomatoes, hate the price?
Here is my far cheaper version of a sun-dried tomato sauce that works great with pasta, but also perfect for bread, salads, and however else you like your sauciness. 


I paired this sauce with Organic Edamame pasta and artichoke. 

Ingredients:

- Your favourite pasta (I used Organic edamame, and mung bean Fettuccine) 
-A jar of artichoke hearts (This time round, I didn't use too many, maybe 6-7 chopped)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- A mix of the herbs you love the most. I used, basil, parsley, oregano, Rosemary, and paprika
- A teaspoon of garlic. 
-Half a medium red onion
- A tube of tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste.



I'm sure I could have made that look neater...


How to: 

- Get your pasta boiling. Mine took 7-8 mins.
- In a fry pan, heat your oil, then add your herbs
- Make sure not to burn your herbs, you just want to stimulate the flavour.
-Add your red onion (mushrooms would go great here too), and Artichoke.


This smelt like heaven.


- After a minute or so, lower the heat and add the whole tube of tomato paste. You want to cook this until the paste darkens.

- Once your pasta is cooked, stir it through the sauce and enjoy!



Main products used. 

Please let me know if you gave this a go. And remember you can use the sauce in so many ways. 

Au Revoir my Lovelies

Rachael x

No comments:

Post a Comment