One of the things I never thought I'd be able to recreate, when I first became vegan, was a creamy pasta.
But through a bit of trial and error, I have come up with this moreish pasta dish.
Very simple to make and it pleases everyone, meat eaters alike.
I use Alpro single cream in this dish, as I state below, you can use milk as an alternative but be warned that it will take longer to cook and the flavour will not be as rich.
I also use Angel Food's Bellissimo Parmesan. I love this stuff so much, a great addition to any meal.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Half a medium onion
- 4-5 meduim size button mushrooms
- Vege stock
- 1 carton of Alpro single soy cream (or 400ml of soy milk, this will be needed to cook longer)
- 1-2 teaspoons of paprika
- As much vegan parmesan as you fancy
- 1teaspoon Oregano
- Knob of dairy free margarine.
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add a cup of vege stock and cook for a min
- slowly add the cream or milk, stirring constantly.
- Let warm though for 3-4 mins.
- Add the paprika, you can add more of less to taste.
- get your hands on some Angel foods Parmesan and go crazy.
- stir it all though, then add oregano.
- Cook until hot but do not let over boil.
- Take from heat and stir though a knob of margarine to thicken.
- Mix pasta though and serve.
- Spinach makes a great addition to this meal too.
If you love this recipe as much as me or want to let me know how I can improve it, let me know, I'd love to hear any feedback!!
Au revoir my lovelies