Sunday 8 June 2014

Vegan Flapjacks.

Hey Guys,


One of my favourite treats to eat as a kid was flapjacks.  Fatty, buttery, and oaty. SO much goodness.

I read that they are called muesli bars or granola bars in other parts of the world. To me that is a bit strange, muesli and granola sound like health foods. Flapjacks are 100% not healthy but 100% sinful and wonderful.







Ingredients:

225gm  vegan margarine
170gm golden syrup
170gm soft brown sugar
455gm rolled oats

And as much chocolate as you want.  


Recipe:

1. Preheat oven to 175°c 

2. In a saucepan, on medium heat, mix butter, syrup, and brown sugar until melted. 

3. Slowly stir in oats, until completely coated in the mixture.

4. Pour mixture into greased baking tin. Press firmly.

5. Bake in oven for 20-30 or until golden. 

6. Once cooled, melt chocolate over a bain-marie.

7. Chop flapjack into any shape you want- I used a cupcake dish to bake them, and cover in the melted chocolate. 



Hope you enjoy these! Let me know if you give them a try. 


 Au revoir my lovelies


Rachael  xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment